The Township of Hornepayne is currently working with Rural Development Network (RDN) to develop a Holistic Revitalization Plan for the community.
The plan aims to guide staff efforts in revitalizing our rural community and ensuring that the Township:
- Remains fiscally responsible
- Builds and implements a truly integrated municipal revitalization plan
- Implements specific economic and social community development actions
Our areas of study include:
- Community mental health
- Disaster mitigation and planning/emergency preparedness
- Economic development/workforce development
- Housing and affordable housing
- Immigration and inclusiveness
- Marketing and branding
- Safety and policing (crime reduction and mitigation)
- Telecommunications (especially broadband)
Step-by-step guide to community revitalization
We are working with RDN to develop a step-by-step guide on how to develop and implement the plan to assist other small communities across Canada undertaking similar initiatives.