The Township of Hornepayne is committed to making our community safe in the event of an emergency.
Emergency Response Plan
Our Emergency Response Plan aims to make provisions for the extraordinary arrangements and measures that may need to be taken to protect public safety, health, welfare, property, and the environmental and economic health of Hornepayne residents, businesses and visitors when faced with an emergency.
The plan enables a centralized, controlled and coordinated response to emergencies in the Township and meets the legislated requirements of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA).
It outlines how to use local resources during an emergency so that:
- There is an effective response to and overall control of an emergency
- Immediate action is taken to save lives and protect property
- Immediate action is taken to minimize or eliminate all sources of danger
- Information is distributed in a timely, factual and official manner to media and the public
- Effective local government and the essential services we provide are maintained throughout the community during the emergency.
The Emergency Response Plan is available for public viewing only at the Town Hall.
In addition to the Township's plan, discover how the Government of Ontario prepares for, and responds to, emergencies.
Be prepared for an emergency
It's important to know the roles we all play in an emergency. Emergency preparedness begins with you! The Government of Ontario outlines how to prepare for an emergency for you and your family at home.
Emergency preparedness for people with disabilities or special needs
The Government of Ontario provides a guide to help you be prepared for an emergency if you or members of your household include people with disabilities or special needs.
Hazards and resources
The Government of Canada provides an online guide to help you respond quickly to help yourself and others in an emergency. Learn how to:
- Make an emergency plan
- Stay flood ready
- Be prepared for wildfires
- Recognize hazards that can lead to emergencies
- Get information, safety tips and more