Located at the municipal landfill transfer station on Becker Road, the Share Shack is a designated area where landfill staff place, at their discretion, items that still have useful life left and which could be useful to others. This program helps reduce the volume of waste that goes into local landfills, helping increase the lifespan of the site and encouraging recycling and reusing.
Hours of operation
- Mondays - Closed
- Tuesdays - 12 p.m. (noon) to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays - Closed
- Thursdays to Sundays - 12 p.m. (noon) to 5 p.m.
The share shack is closed on statutory holidays.
You can bring items to the Share Shack for reuse and recycling. We only accept items that are clean and in good and/or reusable condition. Electronic devices must be in working order.
We do not accept:
- Broken, damaged or soiled items
- Couches, loveseats, or other fabric upholstered furniture
- Cribs, cradles, strollers, playpens, safety gates or enclosures, highchairs and infant bath seats
- Hazardous/toxic materials, as well as needles, medication, pesticides, cleaning products, ammunition and cosmetics
You can pick up items from the Share Shack during the landfill site's regular hours of operation. All items are refreshed every Sunday.
- Use of the Share Shack is done solely at the user's own risk
- Any risk or liability associated with taking an item from the Share Shack is the sole responsibility of the Share Shack user
- The Township does not warrant or guarantee the cleanliness or condition of any item in the Share Shack