The Township of Hornepayne owns and manages a range of assets on behalf of our community. These assets deliver services which we must manage in a cost-effective way to ensure they meet the current and future needs of our community. Effective asset management is a key part of our Strategic Plan. Our Asset Management Plan aims to:
- Manage the risks of infrastructure services
- Minimize the lifecycle cost of delivering infrastructure services
- Provide staff with clear direction on their roles and responsibilities regarding asset management
What is an asset?
An asset is infrastructure that is physical in nature, a significant economic resource and helps us deliver services to the community.
What is asset management?
Asset management is the planning, organizing and controlling of financial and technical processes to meet established levels of service.
Strategic asset management planning is an ongoing and dynamic process. The plan proposes the following recommendations to help us develop a data-driven, best-practice approach to asset management:
- Conduct an asset inventory data review and validation
- Develop condition assessment strategies to know how much we will need to invest in improvements to the various asset categories
- Develop short-term and long-term capital plans that account for these capital requirements
- Develop a levels-of-service framework across all asset categories to identify both current and proposed levels of service
Understanding our assets
Our municipal assets include, but are not limited :
- Bridges and culverts
- Buildings and facilities
- Land improvements
- Machinery and equipment
- Road networks
- Water and wastewater infrastructure
- Waste disposal